Skip to content

eDoc Organizer Suggestions

26 results found

1. Make a personal "Business Edition"

Make a "Business Edition" for home use only. For a home user with multiple devices that want to use a shared storage the Home Edition isn´t enough and the Business Edition is too expensive. Either release a third vesion(only allowed for non-commercial use) or just extend the home version with the server component and allow 1-5 clients in the same household.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The newly released eDoc Organizer cloud service allows users to install the program on as many different computers as they need to access their documents. In light of this, a decision has been made to not create yet another different edition of eDoc Organizer. The new recommendation to all home users needing access to their documents from multiple computers is to use the cloud edition. Please see the following blog article additional details. http://www.edocorganizer.com/blog/finding-the-right-document-management-solution-comparing-different-edoc-organizer-editions

2. Auto Tag

Once I setup a filter on the organizer by selecting a few tags I would like any document imported either by dragging and dropping or scanned to automatically be imported with these tags. IE. if I have a tag selected for "Expenses" and "2010" and "May" any document imported by any method automatically gets these tags.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The new auto tagging based on content feature that is being added to eDoc Organizer will make this feature unnecessary. If you still want to apply certain tags to documents when they are imported, you can accomplish this via folder monitors as well.

3. Please provie ability to organise Lables in hierarchy - it is important when you have lots of docs

Label groups and Labels is fantastic - however hierarchy should be extended to further level (e.g. created Lables under Lables) - for very specific classification of documents

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request is based on the premise that Labels in eDoc Organizer should behave as Folders in Windows. But labels are very different from folders in Windows Explorer and so having a 3rd or 4th level of labels doesn’t make much sense in terms of organization in eDoc Organizer. Please read the comments for the development team’s thoughts

4. Add ability to send Fax directly from eDoc Organizer

Provide ability to send a document as fax directly from within eDoc Organizer

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to store eDoc Organizer data on a network share

Change eDoc Organizer database technology so that the data can be stored on a network share.
    NOTE: This will not make eDoc Organizer usable by multiple users at the same time.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently eDoc Organizer database cannot be stored on a network share. This is a limitation of the database technology used to store information in eDoc Organizer. Unfortunately the alternative database technologies we investigated did not meet the performance needs of eDoc Organizer. At this point we plan to address this feature request with a different product, eDoc Organizer Network Edition. eDoc Organizer Network Edition is based on a Server-Client model and is currently under development. We expect to start beta testing it by the end of the month.

6. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove Visual Effects

Please give us the option to disable the visual effects.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sub Label Groups

I'd like to see the ability to have sub label groups. For example. lets say I wish to file documents under my daughter's name - Mackenzie. I would have:

Mackenzie (Primary Label Group)

School (Sub Label Group)
    Activities (Sub Label Group)
    Drawings (Sub Label Group)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have deliberately made a decision to restrict eDoc Organizer Labels to two levels to ensure ease of use for our customers. But the granularity you are looking for can be achieved in other ways. For example you can add multiple labels to the same document. For example, instead of having an School sub label group under Mackenzie, you can just label the document with both School and Mackenzie. This way you can narrow down the search by starting from the broadest category and progressively getting to the unique document you are looking for.
    The other suggestion I have is that you can use the comment field as a third level. You can turn on the option to “Show comment text in document preview” and edit the comment directly from the main window. This makes it easy to add comments to documents and than search for them as the third…

9. Have One Interface/Window

Instead of having different windows for each task - scanning, viewing etc, just use one window for everything.

Scanning. It would be nice to just press scan and it put the file into the thumbnail view automatically - maybe have an option to configure the scan settings and it remember the scan settings that were previously used.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To me this suggestion is more of a personal preference thing. Lately even Microsoft, with its office suite, has started using separate windows for separate documents. In one sense having separate windows is an advantage because you can open and compare different documents side by side. Although the Quick scan idea is valid and I will create a new suggestion for that.

10. It would be ideal to have two columns under Labels : one column ‘Display’ and the second ‘Hide’. Thi

It would be ideal to have two columns under Labels : one column ‘Display’ and the second ‘Hide’.

This way one could choose what documents to select/hide for each label.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow automatic refresh of client document screen

It would be good to allow automatic refresh of the client document screen. This would reduce the chances of two people managing a document at the same time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

eDoc Organizer Server is not aware of the clients that are connected to it. The client connects to the server only when it needs information. Since the client and the server are not connected all the time, it is not possible for the server to tell the client to refresh itself when new information is available. This architecture was decided for eDoc Organizer to make the server more scalable and allow it to service a large number of clients at one time.

12. multiple

I would like to maintain at least two databases. One for personal use and one for work use. If I could easily switch between the data paths without going to the registry 'Data Path' entry that would be good.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Folders

labels are ok, should be an option for folder to drag and drop to. thx

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. eDoc Network Edition on Linux Server

I would like to run eDoc Network Edition on Linux, perhaps using Wine as a bridge between the two platforms (Win-Linux). Wine

Wine allows to install and run programs written for MS Windows on Linux. Works fine with various programs.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

eDoc Organizer Network Editoin requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and sql server 2008 express. Both of these prodcuts are not supported currently on Wine. A better solution is to install VirtualBox on your linux server and install Windows XP SP3 or above as a virtual machone on it. Then you can install the latest eDoc Organizer Network Edition version 3.0 on the virtual machine without any problems..

16. It would be very helpfull to have a button "Save and Next" instead just "Close" after double clicking on a document.

When I open a new doc and then I zoom it and then I assign labels, then close, double click another doc, zoom, assign labels and so on. Would be nice to have a button "Save and Next" that would open a next doc with the same zoom option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion Alex. I think we will address this suggestion in a slightly different way that you have described. Instead of providing a Save and Next button, we are saving the zoom level in between opening of various documents. This way you can set the zoom to your liking and eDoc Organizer will always remember it the next time you open a PDF document.

17. Store files with the original filenames in their original location.

This way I can store the files in my dropbox/google drive/skydrive for clouded access.

This way eDOC can also work as tagging engine for those who still prefer other solutions for scanning and storage, but where these options are featuring substandard tagging.

And please fix the bug: Select All (CTRL+A) and apply tags only does this for the files in view and not all files being the result of a filter, where the selection is more than one page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The ability to store a readonly copy of your eDoc Organizer documents and access them from the cloud or via mobile devices is now available via the eDoc Organizer Online Backup Service (https://backup.edocorganizer.com/)

We are now starting to plan the work on creating an eDoc Organizer cloud service that will allow you to store and edit the documents directly in the cloud and from various mobile devices.

18. A tie in to Quicken would be nice

I did a request for QuickBooks, but tie in to Quicken would be nice. Quicken has a scan feature, but it would be nice to cut down on some steps.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Is this software compatible with AC Mountain Lion

I can't find anywhere f this software is compatible with MAC Mountain Lion (newest version of MAC operating system)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide a way for trial users to retrieve a lost password

I was not able to download your software on my desktop due to network problems with its hardware, and now I can't remember my password to log in on my iPad and cancel my account before my trial expires. Guess what? You don't provide ANY way for me to retrieve a lost password on my iPad!!! I can't do it on my desktop, because, as I said, my desktop currently cannot connect to the web due to network problems it is having with its hardware. Very frustrating. Will not be using your product. I do not care how good it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?